Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baked Pasta with Chicken Sausage

Yet another casserole dish. . . I made this with my favorite precooked chicken sausage. I actually forgot one of the ingredients. . the crushed tomatoes. . and I think it came out excellent. Maybe forgetting an ingredient isn't so bad. I didn't take any pictures though :(

I got this recipes on What Megans Cooking.


1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 cup heavy cream
1lb pasta
10oz frozen spinach, thawed
12oz precooked chicken sausage
8oz mozzarella cheese, cubed
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Cook pasta al dente.

Preheat oven to 400.

Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, cook until translucent. Add garlic. Stir in tomatoes,(the diced AND the crushed) oregano & basil. Simmer 8-10 minutes. Add cream. Cook until warmed. Add tomato sauce, sausage, spinach & half mozzarella to pot with drained pasta. Toss to coat. Spread into 9x13 pan. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese & parmesan cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes.

No comments: