Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I recently bought a silpat and what better way to test it out than to make cookies! I found this low fat recipe on Recipe Girl. These cookies are so chewy! I love them.

I LOVE the silpat. It cooked the cookies more evenly than my regular old cookie sheet. This recipe make 22 cookies. I cooked 8 of them on a regular cookie sheet and I could see the difference right away. The cookie sheet had browned the bottoms and if I had left them in any longer they might have burnt. I will definitely be buying another silpat!

Here's the cookie recipe:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. allspice
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups oats
2 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray (or invest in a silpat!)
In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and allspice.
In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, applesauce, sugars, egg and vanilla until well blended. Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture. Mix well. Fold in oats. You can add the chocolate chips into the mix or you can top the dough with a few chips per cookie once the dough is on the cookie sheets.
Drop rounded Tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 22 cookies

No comments: