Monday, January 17, 2011

Italian Spinach Meatballs

Yet another recipes from Gina's site. I am always looking for new recipes & find myself spending hours on her site & writing up at least 5 new recipe cards. Here's the latest one that I tried and boy did it go over well!!! yum, yum, yum!!


1lb ground beef
1 Tbsp olive oil
10oz frozen spinach, thawed & drained
2 slices low point bread *I used both sides of a sandwich thin, it's what I had on hand
1 egg
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
s & p to taste

Wet bread & mash it up with your hands. Combine with beef, spinach, egg, garlic, parsley, grated cheese & s&p. Mix well. Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, measure meat & divide into 2 1/8 cup meatballs. Roll into ball.

Heat the oil in a pan on low. When hot, add meatballs & cook on low, turning often. When fully cooked blot on paper towel covered plate.

I then threw the meatballs into a small pot of sauce that I had simmering. When Brad text me he was on his way I cut up some italian bread, threw 5 meatballs on it, sprinkled it with fat free mozzarella cheese & baked it in the oven for 6 minutes. The awesomest meatball parm hero I've ever made. So good I'm wanting it again right now.


Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 260.3
Total Fat: 14.4 g
Cholesterol: 222.0 mg
Sodium: 317.2 mg
Total Carbs: 6.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
Protein: 26.6 g

**NI does NOT include: italian bread, sauce or mozzarella cheese**

No comments: