Monday, January 31, 2011

Pizza Burgers

I hate buying packages of hamburger buns because I tend to use 3 and throw the rest out once they get stale. Which is what was about to happen after I made the Cheddar Stuffed Burgers I saw in Weight Watchers magazine last week. (damn, I didn't post that on my blog, next time. . ) But instead I had the brilliant idea to make Pizza Burgers, also getting use out of the leftover fresh mozzarella I had.

I defrosted 1lb of ground beef, sprinkled in some garlic powder, oregano & basil. Formed 4 burgers & grilled them in my grill pan. I opened a small can of tomato sauce, sprinkled some spices in it & topped the burger with a hefty tablespoon full of sauce and 1oz of fresh mozzarella. I stuck them under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese was melted. yum. *NI does not include bun/english muffin*



*disclaimer* I took this picture with my Blackberry before turning over the new leaf of sprucing up my blog. ;)

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 270.4
Total Fat: 13.1 g
Cholesterol: 85.0 mg
Sodium: 155.7 mg
Total Carbs: 2.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 29.5 g

No comments: