Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cashew Chicken


I love Chinese food. . and lucky for me & my waist line there is no good Chinese take out around here. When I saw this recipe on Jessica's site I knew I had to give it a shot. I am trying to love peppers and although I can't bring myself to eat them I kept them in this dish for the flavor. Turned out delicious! I adjusted this recipe from 2-3 servings to 6 servings but here's the original 2-3 servings recipe:

2 boneless chicken breasts, chopped
2 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 red pepper, sliced thin
3 green onions, chopped (didn't have any)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup shelled edamame
1/2 cup unsalted cashews
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp soy sauce

Heat 1 Tbsp oil on medium heat. Add mushrooms & saute until soft; 5 minutes. Remove. Season chicken with s&p then sprinkle with cornstarch, making sure each piece is coated. Add remaining oil to skillet & add chicken. Brown on all sides until cooked. Add garlic, red pepper, edamame, 1/2 of the green onions & cashews. Stir 30 seconds. Turn heat down. In bowl, mix honey & soy sauce. Pour into skillet coating chicken & veggies. Garnish with remaining green onions.

I served this over white rice with the Chinese Egg Flower Soup.

No comments: