Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I knew I'd find a great new recipe or two to try in the Healthy Cooking magazine & this is the one I tried first. Em was home for a "snow day" so it gave us a chance to bake together.


1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed firm
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp water
1 egg white
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.

In a bowl combine oil, sugars, water, egg white & vanilla. In separate bowl combine flours, cinnamon, baking soda & salt. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Stir in oats & raisins.

The magazine said to "drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets" and said it would make 15 cookies. When I used the 1/4 cup, I only got 10 cookies. So I moved some batter around and made 16 cookies. So eyeball it. ha ha ha.

Bake cookies 10-12 minutes.


1 cookie:
144 calories
6g fat
22g carbs
2g fiber
3g protein

No comments: