Friday, February 4, 2011

Chicken Alfredo


I usually just crack open a jar of alfredo sauce when I'm in the mood for alfredo but when I saw this recipe I figured I'd give it a whirl.

1lb pasta of your liking - I used angel hair because that's what I had in the house.
1lb chicken, cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp cornstarch
3 cups fat free milk
1 cup half & half
1 cup parmesan cheese
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed & drained
1/2 tsp italian seasoning

Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.

Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper. Cook chicken & garlic in butter over medium heat. Remove chicken, keep warm. Combine corn starch & milk until smooth. Stir into skillet. Add cream. Bring to a boil & cook while stirring until thickened. Stir in cheese, continue to stir until cheese is melted. Add spinach, chicken & italian seasoning. Add pasta to mixture. Cook & stir until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.

makes 12 1 cup servings

No comments: