Monday, February 21, 2011

Taco Casserole Bake


Casseroles are so easy because you can make them ahead of time & pop them in the oven when it's convenient for you. I usually make mine as Em's doing her homework & when Brad's on his way home I throw it in the oven. I got this one from Emily's site.

24 bake Tostitos (I used the multi grain, that's what I had in the house)
1 Tbsp chili oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4lb ground turkey
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup salsa
1 cup fat free shredded cheddar

Preheat oven to 350.
In large skillet, heat oil & saute onions until translucent. Add garlic. Stir 30 seconds. Add ground turkey, cook until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning. Stir in salsa & black beans. Cook until thickened.

Break up Tostitos & line bottom of 9x13 pan. Pour meat mixture on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20 minutes.

Makes 6 servings.

No comments: