Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cheesy Potato & Sausage Casserole


A few weeks back I planned on making kielbasa for dinner & when I went to defrost it, it turned out to be smoked turkey sausage I had. So I did what any other person would do: I googled sausage recipes. I found this one on Allrecipes and made it a little "lighter" by using fat free cheese & light sour cream.

1lb sausage
1 package refrigerated hash browns
1 1/2 cups fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup light sour cream
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.
Cut sausage into 1/2" cubes. Combine half of the butter & the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. Pour rest of butter on top. Bake 40-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.

This meal is simple, easy & delicious. I fried up some eggs with it. Perfect combination.

No comments: