Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Smoky Turkey & Saffron Red Rice


I found this recipe on Picky-palate's site. It looked really interesting & flavorful. I even went out & spent the $16 on the saffron. And I'm a little disappointed I did. I thought this dish would be "smoky", have a little kick to it. It turned out very bland. Live & learn right?

2 cups uncooked basmati rice (6 cups cooked)
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
1lb ground turkey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 15oz cans green beans
8oz tomato sauce
1 Tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp saffron threads

Cook rice according to package directions.
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent. Stir in garlic. Add ground turkey, salt & pepper, cook until cooked through & crumbled. Stir in green beans, then rice. Add tomato sauce, cumin, paprika, garlic salt & saffron. Mix well.

12 servings.

No comments: