Monday, February 14, 2011

Double Cheese & Bacon Egg Biscuits



When I saw this recipes on Picky-Palate I knew I had to make it. Great for portion control & easy to reheat during the week for my breakfast. Hard to resist having only one they are so good! I made two adjustments, I used 2 eggs & 3 egg whites instead of 4 eggs & only used 4 pieces of bacon.

4 eggs
2 Tbsp fat free milk
s & p to taste
1/4 cup reduced fat feta
1 can biscuits (10 count)
6 strips bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar

Preheat oven to 350. Place eggs in a bowl. Add milk, s&p, stir in feta.

Press each biscuit into muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 6 minutes, remove from oven & with the end of a wooden spoon press centers of dough to make room for the egg mixture. Pour egg mixture into partially baked biscuit. (*tip: press & pour mixture in right away before moving onto pressing the next biscuit or the dough will fluff back up) Top with bacon & cheddar cheese. Bake an additional 12-15 minutes until eggs are set.

No comments: