Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chinese Egg-Flower Soup

I guess tonight was Chinese food night in our house. I had written down the recipe for Jessica's Cashew Chicken and planned on making it tonight when my friend E told me about the Chinese soup she made from the new Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient cookbook. She was nice enough to email over the recipe so I could include it with tonights dinner! Ain't she sweet ♥



Chinese Egg Flower Soup

4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
3 Tbsp corn starch
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp rice wine vinegar (I left this out because I just didn't have any)
1 1/3 cup thawed frozen peas

Bring broth to boil over medium heat. Whisk corn starch with 1/4 cup cold water until smooth. Whisk cornstarch into broth until soup thickens, 2 minutes. Reduce heat until barely simmering. Slowly drizzle eggs into soup while stirring quickly in circular motion. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar.

Meanwhile, heat peas according to package directions & divide evenly among 4 bowls. Ladle soup over peas.

Serves 4. 1 serving is 1 1/4 cup soup + 1/3 cup peas

No comments: